A flat sheet is, as its name suggests, a flat piece of material that can be used to cover the mattress base or used in the summer and in hotels as a layer on top of your body that covers you whilst you sleep. It's also sometimes referred to as a top sheet
HOW TO USE A FLAT SHEET
- Layer of Comfort – With the increasing popularity of duvets, flat sheets are now a popular choice to use as a luxury layer of comfort between you and your duvet or comforter.
- Instead of Blankets – In warmer climates or during the summer months, many people use a luxury flat sheet instead of a blanket for a cool and comfortable night’s sleep.
- Decorative Bedding - Flat sheets with decorative trim or borders should be placed on your bed upside down or folded down, so that when the bed is made, the decorative finishing of your beautiful sheets is displayed to highlight your bedding.
- Over Your Mattress – A flat sheet can be used instead of a fitted sheet directly over your mattress. Simply fold and tuck the corners under the mattress to make sure it stays in place well.
- As a Top Layer – Many people use flat sheets instead of a duvet cover or comforter as the top layer of their luxury bedding ensemble. Soft and luxurious top sheets make wonderful bed toppers that feel as good as they look.